Newsletter August 2016
Please see below our observations this month which we hope will give some insight to the London market.
Transaction of the month: repeat client at its best
We pride ourselves on building long standing relationships with our clients, advising them on all of their property needs. One perfect example of this is a client of ours who we have been working with for the past two and a half years. Over that time we have:
- sourced and secured an exceptional off market flat in Notting Hill as his primary residence
- taken on the management of one of his blue chip rental properties, overseeing the tenancy and any maintenance required
- provided a managed sale service for a house in Sheen
A lot of clients value our ability to act as a one stop shop for their property needs over time. And we keep meticulous records which helps us maintain continuity.
Increase in buying activity
We are seeing more positive sentiment amongst buyers generally, and this month alone have seen a noticeable increase in the number of buying clients engaging our services.
Our current client profiles include:
- overseas investors buying a London investment (in some cases they are repeat clients adding to an existing portfolio)
- UK based parents buying investment properties for children
- London based owners making the most of the softer market and more realistic sellers to upsize
- London based tenants moving out of rented accommodation and putting down permanent roots
Sellers and buyers being more conscious about how buildings are run
Our block management service is gaining traction and, in a softer market, sellers and buyers typically become more conscious about the condition of their own building, or the building they’re considering buying into. Poor block management is no longer being tolerated.
If you would like to subscribe to our monthly market updates please email: Leila.AbuSharr@SourcingProperty.co.uk